..And the very first step

The very first step is to install the thing into my work environment.

My work environment is Eclipse/Oxygen. Doesn’t take long – PyDev it is.

The installation link is http://pydev.org/updates. Downloaded PyDev and its source – NOT Mylyn:



PyDev perspective appeared&opened fine. Seems all OK w/the installation.

Downloaded Python interpreter from here – had overlooked this before.  Gave me error when i tried to configure the console:




Python location on my disk is C:\Users\<myUserNameHere>\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37-32. I would have expected it in Program Files folder but voila. Things are/might be a little differet w/dynamically typed languages. I'm statically-type language kind. This a good reminder to device that mental switch to those. To switch, at choice, to dynamically-typed coding mode.

"Python console" now opened on Eclipse. Saw this right off when I opened Python console :)



All, i mean all seems OK now. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Python - what for?

Intro